Sunday, October 10, 2010

Bonding Times

It's been another week of learning and growing here. Cole weighs a little over 7lbs. and Cam is a little over 6lbs. When most people see them for the first time they comment how tiny they are. Very true. But all I see is how big they're getting to be! This week we learned that Camryn really doesn't like to eat in her chair. She screams, she pushes and kicks the bottle away, she throws an absolute fit most every time--all while finishing her bottle when it's all said and done though. Cole on the other hand will eat anywhere, in any position, as long as he gets to eat. He drains his bottles every time! He is such a good good good baby.
We also learned that there are just times when all they want to do is be fussy. Usually that is remedied by swaddling or holding. When neither of those things were working last week, we sang and danced the fussies away. I walked/danced around the house for an hour singing along to what turned out to be the Adult Contemporary music channel on our TV. Lionel Richie and Michael Jackson "Man in the Mirror" were particularly soothing to them. I kind of enjoyed it myself--being able to belt out songs and have two little ones respond to it in a positive way...
Something else great is fresh air. They like to be out in their stroller and with the nice weather we've been having, that's worked out well.

Our baby Jayhawks received their first piece of mail from KU. Matt was so excited, he took pictures

Bonding time: We're in "Twin Cradle" position here with the still fabulous wrap. The wrap isn't really Cole's favorite thing. But at times when they both want to be held, we make it work.
Oh yeah, another thing we learned is that they're starting to really notice the TV. So they get to watch Baby Einstein videos now. Whenever there are big color contrasts on screen their eyes get more alert and they kind of reach out their hands. They last about 20 minutes into the videos. Here we are below I believe a bit overstimulated from a rousing "Baby Mozart"--and full from lunch.
Bonding Time: Dad and Diva Cam in her leopard print gown

Bonding Time: Mario with his babies. Here's snuggle time up against Camryn's bottom
And here's bonding time with Cole--with a protective paw on his face

2 comments:

  1. Baby Einstein videos are a GODsend!!! We loved them! I couldn't believe how quickly Burke noticed them and he loved them. The twins are just adorable! I love all the pictures. I especially loved the KU alum association mail. VERY CUTE! Do the twins have the book "Rabbit goes to Kansas"? It is a must! I'm sure someone got it for you...all the Kansas grads in the family! If you don't have it let me know!! Glad everyone is doing so well. I miss you and can't wait to see everyone! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe how big they are getting! I have been wondering how they are doing, but I am afraid to call if you are busy. Sure do miss you guys! Nana

    ReplyDelete